F17 FAIL - long live F16

I did a fresh install of 64 bit F17 from the DVD on omen.com yesterday.
I was a bit alarmed at all the funny screens before Anaconda got the
X server running.

The install did not offer to check the DVD for errors.
Apparently there weren't as the install proceeded without problems.

The biggest problem is on F17 seems to be networking.  The omen.com
machine talks to the internet using a PCI card.  The motherboard
gigabit ethernet talks to the local 192.168.1 net.  As with F16 the
brain damaged network connections GUI would not let me set
the local net without specifying a gateway.  This required me to
manually edit the scripts before masquerading could work.
Overnight the local net died and I decided to revert to the
previously installed F16.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf@xxxxxxxx   www.omen.com