Re: Fedora-17 Irritations

On 21/04/12 12:55, Ed Greshko wrote:
[cut]

Well, I check GNOME and I found that if you click on your name in the upper right and
choose System Settings you can choose "Region and Language" and change the layout.
Picking United Kingdom (English) results in picking Metric.

Exactly the problem! I'm not French and I want English measurements to be the default for United Kingdom locale settings.

2.I installed an HP printer via the Printers dialogue and I cannot find any way to
set paper sizes to A4.

This can easily be set in CUPS.  Using a browser go to http://localhost:631/ and
choose the "Administration" tab.  Should be obvious from there.

Again no problem. The physical printer is set to A4 and test pages print as A4 with
KDE, but with GNOME 3.4 under Fedora-17 the output is American Letter size. Whence
cometh it?

You mean the output of test pages?  Or?  After I change the default paper size to A4
(standard here in Asia) the test page in GNOME prints A4.  So, I don't see any issue.

I'm not sure to what you refer in "changing the default paper size". I can't find a location in which to set that parameter. It certainly isn't in "Printers" from the "Applications" menu.

Peter HB