Re: Hey! Hard disk install of DVD iso works!

On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 19:54 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 00:05:42 +0100
> Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> > If grub2 isn't designed to be chainloaded in that way, it isn't.
>
> But it is supposed to work. I've already added a pointer to
> an upstream bug fixed not too long ago where blocklist
> booting was broken and the grub maintainers considered that
> a bug.

I missed that reference. Could you add it to the bug report?

> Also Mads Kiilerich has built various different versions
> from the grub2 sources and gotten them to work correctly.

Where is this documented?

> It is clearly a grub2 bug and we either need Mads' new
> grub2 in the final release or we need to revert to
> the version in f16.

I don't see it as being a release blocking issue in any event. If you
want to chainload, you can. If it can be 'fixed' then it would be nice
to do so, of course.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey