Re: old TCs/RCs downloads - do you need them?

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:34:35 -0400 (EDT)
Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > BW has
> > increased a great deal since then as well, so I have not noticed
> > problems with TC/RC's sucking up all our BW. (which is not to say it
> > won't happen).
>
> If that happens we can take some measures. One thing from top of my
> head would be providing torrents. We would then add torrent links as
> the primary links in our announcements.

We would really rather use less torrents rather than more, also older
versions would then likely have 0 seeds and be unreachable anyhow. ;(

> Or, in the worst case,
> actually removing those composes (but I assume old RCs don't cause
> much bandwidth and the latest ones are needed, so we would probably
> need to come up with something else).

Well, the worst case in the distant past was the RC's for the final
release. Once that was given a "go" many people started grabbing the
images ahead of release day just because they didn't want to wait, and
spreading around the links with "If you don't want to wait until
tuesday, you can get the final release at..."

Anyhow, like I said, I don't know how much problem it will really turn
out to be.

kevin