Re: Inadequate sound device control

On 04/15/2012 09:48 PM, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
'yum search pulse' shows, among many other things, these:

paman.x86_64 : Management tool for PulseAudio
paprefs.x86_64 : Management tool for PulseAudio
pavumeter.x86_64 : Volume meter for PulseAudio

Maybe some of these will do what you desire?
Not as far as I can tell.

And in any case this begs the question of why one would have to install non-standard tools to access functionality that (a) people are likely to need to access and (b) was previously accessible using standard tools.

(I understand that you are trying to be helpful and solve my particular problem for me, and I appreciate that, but since I can already solve my particular problem with alsamixer, as yucky as that is, I'm much more interested in the general problem that most users aren't going to be able to figure out how to modify their sound card settings.)

  jik