Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 17 Beta Release Candidate 3 (RC3) Available Now!

On Sun, 2012-04-08 at 17:58 +0100, Piscium wrote:
> On 4 April 2012 16:28, Andre Robatino <robatino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As per the Fedora 17 schedule [1], Fedora 17 Beta Release Candidate 3
> > (RC3) is now available for testing.
>
> Today I installed the LXDE spin and tested it for an hour on an old
> Dell PC with Intel graphics.
>
> Things look very good. Found only one minor bug. On first boot after
> install, a wizard appears asking among other things for the name of
> the first user. I clicked the Advanced button, then the Add User
> button, but the window to add details about the new user was invisible
> as it was placed behind the user management window, so it looked like
> nothing happened as a result of my clicking.
>
> I don't mind filing a bug but I don't know which module to file it
> against (I would say not Anaconda as this was after install).

Did you have actual window frames on the dialogs in question? Sometimes
this can happen when no WM that firstboot can actually work with is
present on the spin - you just get unmanaged windows.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey