Re: F17 vs. Pentium 4

On Sun, 1 Apr 2012, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 16:39:56 -0500,
 Michael Hennebry <hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 31 Mar 2012, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
Can they be booted without media?

Possibly, but I am not sure how to do it. I usually use livecd-iso-to-disk
to put images on flash drives and boot from them.

That could be a problem.
My machine won't boot with a USB drive attached and my burner does not work.
Can one boot using a partition that is an iso image?
I've mounted such partitions, but that is not the same as booting from one.

--
Michael   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
whom I teach not to run with scissors,