Re: F17 vs. Pentium 4

In bugzilla bug 808300, Josh Boyer wrote:
D865GBF is one of the motherboards that was broken due to an ACPICA change.
It was fixed in an updated kernel, but the F16 media cannot be updated.
See bugs 73007 727865.
Can you please try the nightly F17 live images, or the upcoming F17 beta?

I can try, but right now, I don't know where to find things.
The F17 alpha didn't work for me.  The checksum was
d37440807791aaa595a4b9e4c2c9a4e381ef0770571b17eac552107e3fb6aeec.
Also, I don't have much of a clue about pungi,
which I gather is what I would have to use
to make an F16 installer with the new kernel.
F15 is my latest installed system and the pungi documentation I
could find didn't mention how to do forward versions.

All the above refer to hard drive install attempts without media.
My DVD burner doesn't work any more.
With F15, I can get to the installer without media.

--
Michael   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
whom I teach not to run with scissors,