Re: SOLVED Re: Libreoffice not found by yum search F17

On 28/03/12 12:10, Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:22:48 +0100, FM (Frank) wrote:

On 28/03/12 09:07, Frank Murphy wrote:
fedora&  updates-testing enabled.

Own goal:
cat /etc/yum.conf
exclude= *i386* *i486* *i586 *i686*

it's a 32 bit box :(

You're talking in riddles.

Do you look at Subjects at all.

 First thing I don't understand is, if you find
that a Yum search fails to find packages, why you don't try to Yum list
the packages whose names you know.

Been there done that..

 Instead of a little exercise and an
attempt at tracking down what's wrong,

Try reading the  email again, slower this time.
How do you  think I discovered the own goal.

 you only point at packages on a
download mirror server.

Which had the packages!

Secondly, that exclude= line in your config file
is wrong obviously, but what are you trying to point out at all?

Oh, for Petes' sake.

Not just
with the last sentence and the smiley.

Smiley!.

 Also the "Own goal", what are you
trying to express?

Google it

It does happen even in the real world,
you cannot figure what is wrong,
even after an hour of trying.
Then, as soon as you look for help.
By the time it reaches the servers,
as fresh pair has pointed out something
obvious that had previously been overlooked,
by  the tired pair of eyes.

You can't do Agile when your normally alone.
--
Regards,
Frank