Re: Installing Rawhide

On 01/01/2012 06:36 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
On 01/01/12 10:25, Frederic Muller wrote:
backup back through USB:
- transfer speed decreasing from 30 MB/s down to 5 MB/s very quickly
- the machine taken down to its knees after about 30 minutes of copying
(I'm trying to copy ~90GB). The laptop is 5 years old (dual core 2Ghz)
with 2GB of ram.

Can't help you there, as I found years ago,
even on MS usb to be the "snail mail" of transfers.
Now backup by cat6 to a raid1 nas

I'll check on bugzilla and will try to install Rawhide
differently,

yum update is currently the only method of doing rawhide,
it not installible per say.

Hi!

Sending this email from Rawhide. I used a F16 image and anaconda as described in the wiki: I changed the repo during installation to only enable rawhide and do a net install. It worked like a charm. So thanks a lot.

Next email will be about my most immediate issue: CPU getting over 100C within minutes and machine shutting down.

Thank you for all the tips.

Fred