FC17 won't complete loading...

Greetings All:

From fc16 upgraded to fc17 is not easy but it is possible...

Major issue is simply that there is not a useable Gnome Desktop once updated and rebooted!  It will load all the way to a Gnome Shell desktop, but I can't click on anything!  I can't the the right hand top hot spot which gets me into everything.

I can't even get the left hand upper menu to work so as I may reboot.

It is as if you open a candy bar and you can see the candy, but can't pull it out of the wrapper to enjoy it...

Like a sneeze that never comes...  Does anyone else have these same problem?  Is there anything that can be done???

--
Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey