Re: System Hangs when Windows Key and Tab pressed Simultaneously

On 11.12.2011 02:43, David wrote:
> First suggestion. Turn *off* the html.
 >
> Second suggestion. Report your question again.

Please, don't do this ... by being snobbish about plain text messages
(BTW, completely uselessly, you also have Thunderbird, so you can read
the parent message just fine), you won't help this guy. And when you
cannot reply to his question in more helpful way, don't hide behind your
rudness.

Concerning the parent message. There is unfortunately a little
information we can work on. Win+Tab is working for multitude of people
so there must be something specific to your
hardware/configuration/something which makes it not working for you.

Please, file a bug in http://bugzilla.redhat.com and attach at least
/etc/X11/xorg.conf (if you have any), /var/log/Xorg.0.log, and the
following logs (all following steps must be done as root).

Run

zgrep '^Backtrace' /var/log/Xorg.*

if you get any hits, attach that file as well.

Also, could you elaborate a bit on what exactly you mean by "the system
locks up"? Does it take just unreasonably long to make it working (wait
couple of minutes to be sure)? Could you switch to the text console via
Ctrl-Alt-F2? Could you get to the computer via ssh from another one? If
any of these are a possibility, could you please collect (and attach to
the bug) output of command dmesg (e.g., run dmesg >dmesg.out and attach
the file dmesg.out to the bug)? If not, and the system is just hard
solid, then attach just /var/log/dmesg, please?

Thank you for taking the time to help make Fedora better!

Matěj