Re: Unable to install Fedora 16 beta on 32-bit machine with XP dual boot

On Oct 7, 2011 9:58 AM, "Al Dunsmuir" <al.dunsmuir@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I  have  a  32-bit test machine (Dell GX270, 1TB SATA, 2GB RAM) running XP
> (SP3)  where  I had successfully installed the Fedora 15 beta last release
> (500  MB boot, no LVM), and continued to use (in GNOME compatibility mode,
> the  Radeon  7500  PCI video card not being rich enough for the full GNOME

> Surely my experience is not typical?  Suggestions anyone?
> Al

Your experience is not typical because your use case is not typical. Trying to install two linuxes on the same system with different boot loaders is not standard and prone to break.

My guess is that 16's grub2 and 15's grub1 are antagonistic