Re: f 16 beta in virtualbox

> Sure. But explain it accurately. Sometimes Fedora has a pre-release X
> server, sure. But sometimes it has a released one, and Oracle still
> don't support it. And the big roadblock is the guest additions being
> closed source, or else we could just update them ourselves.

Are you sure they are not open source? They don't care about pushing
anything upstream but the guest additions are still free software AFAIR.
Debian is packaging them, I think. There was something about their
scripts for generating the ISO images and maybe their installer being
closed, though.

Just took a quick glance and their SVN repo seems to contain something
that looks like the corresponding code.

https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/trunk/src/VBox/Additions

Nevertheless, using Virtualbox with bleeding edge kernels or recent
x.org versions is just a big pain.

Lars