Re: Some notes from fallback mode

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:14:42 -0600
Jonathan Corbet wrote:

> There's something about that "oh no something went wrong" screen that just
> makes it clear that you're not going to have as good a day as you'd hoped
> for.

I haven't tried to look at it in detail yet, but the gnome control
center always aborts when I try to bring it up on my system with
the nvidia card that can't do 3D (so I'm in fallback mode).

On another system with the same fully updated fedora 16, I have
no problem starting control center.

Can you bring up control center (aka system settings) in your
fallback session?