Re: Remove a package from critpath ?

On 09/15/2011 07:10 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Xavier Bachelot (xavier@xxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
>> Meanwhile, If I understand correctly, all X drivers inherit critpath
>> because they are required by xorg-x11-drivers which is itself a critpath
>> package.
>> So either xorg-x11-drivers stops requiring the non-critpath drivers,
>> which is probably not what we want because they would then not be
>> installed by default, either xorg-x11-drivers and all but the selected
>> few X drivers loose their critpath status. Without reading about the
>> plan you mentioned above, I'll tend for the later, but again I'll be
>> glad to learn about the current status.
>
> Given that critpath is currently done solely by dependency resolution
> of certain comps groups, 'excluding' a package isn't really possible.
>
> If you look at the group, you'll note:
>        <!-- Just the mandatory packages from base-x. Might want to cut this
>             down to a small set of specific drivers in the future. -->
>
> If someone wants to send me a list, I'd be happy to do the comps edit.
> (I would assume ati, evdev, fbdev, intel, nouveau, synaptics, vesa.)

Thanks for fixing the comps, Bill.

However, I've again received crit path updates nag mails saying the F14
and F15 updates still needs to be approved.
The crit path box is still ticked for all fedora branches in the
pkgdb(1). Also, the package is not listed anymore in crit path packages
for F16(2) but is still listed for F17(3). I don't know how to check the
crit path packages list for F14 and F15.

Do I just need to be patient and the changes will propagate or is there
something else to do ?

(1) https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/xorg-x11-drv-openchrome
(2)
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/mash/branched-20110919/logs/critpath.txt