Re: Remove a package from critpath ?

Xavier Bachelot (xavier@xxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> Meanwhile, If I understand correctly, all X drivers inherit critpath
> because they are required by xorg-x11-drivers which is itself a critpath
> package.
> So either xorg-x11-drivers stops requiring the non-critpath drivers,
> which is probably not what we want because they would then not be
> installed by default, either xorg-x11-drivers and all but the selected
> few X drivers loose their critpath status. Without reading about the
> plan you mentioned above, I'll tend for the later, but again I'll be
> glad to learn about the current status.

Given that critpath is currently done solely by dependency resolution
of certain comps groups, 'excluding' a package isn't really possible.

If you look at the group, you'll note:
      <!-- Just the mandatory packages from base-x. Might want to cut this
           down to a small set of specific drivers in the future. -->

If someone wants to send me a list, I'd be happy to do the comps edit.
(I would assume ati, evdev, fbdev, intel, nouveau, synaptics, vesa.)

Bill