Re: F16 Beta Blocker Bug Review #2 Minutes

2011/9/6 Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 22:24 +0200, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2011/9/6 Tim Flink <tflink@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> > Whoops, I forgot to send these out on Friday. Sorry for the delay.
>> >
>> > Tim
>>
>> I looked at that list and have not noticed any "glibc/gcc/* can
>> corrupt your *" problems. I wonder how much would be safe for me to
>> update to F16? I use my server for web development - php things,
>> python, mysql, postgresql, cherokee, apache, git, samba, memcache,
>> lucene - these are programs that I care most about.
>
> There are no known 'world is broken' bugs in f16 right now; glibc -6 is
> known to break the world, but it never made it out of -testing. -4 and
> -7 are both okay.

Ok, thanks for the information.

> Web development stuff isn't heavily exercised in any
> of our programmed testing, and I'm not aware of anyone else who uses F16
> for that stuff, so you may be the first to really exercise that whole
> stack in F16 if you update.

I did backup and started prupgrade. I do not expect problems due to
the fact that F15 and F16 are very similar when it comes to versions
of programs that I use. It seems to me that this is low risk update, I
hope that there will be no complications :)

>>  I have no pressure
>> when it comes to use new features, I want to test HekaFS, also Xen
>> support looks promising. Do I have to use GRUB2 if I upgrade to F16?
>
> No, if you upgrade from f15 to f16 you stick with grub-legacy, as things
> stand, and I believe that's how it's going to be for release.

Ok, this is a good solution. Especially for people that do an update
on machines without keyboard and display.

> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | identi.ca: adamwfedora
> http://www.happyassassin.net
>
> --

Best regards,
Michal