Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 16 Alpha Release Candidate 4 (RC4) Available Now!

On 08/15/2011 11:07 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 21:38 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>

>> Still not installable for me.  Bzs 727966 and 723167 apply and both
>> should be alpha blockers.
>
> 727966 requires custom layout, which makes it Final, not Alpha. 723167
> is supposed to be fixed in RC4; if you think it still applies, add a
> comment with precise details.
> <snip>

Custom layout?  What is so custom about /home being on a separae LV so
you don't have to recreate it each time?  Even not asking it to be
mounted and just adding / and /boot results in 727966.

As for more details, the bzs stand on their own with all of the details
already in them.  No developer/maintainer has asked for more details in
them.

I can install using one of the desktop spins, but it seems to me that if
the DVD won't install during alpha, then there has been a serious
regression that should be addressed early.  Addressing software bugs
late in the development process usually leads to more delays and higher
costs.

Just my 2c, I'll be quiet now and go back to my coloring book.  :-)

--
Regards,
OldFart