Re: FC16 Alpha testing

On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 11:23 +0530, Srinivasa Narayanappa wrote:
> Hello All,

Hi Srinivasa,

Thanks for participating in testing TC1!

> I have tried to install the FC16 Alpha TC1 on VMWare virtual machine,
> after selecting the hard disk for the portioning getting the error
> message as "no usable disk has found". Any clue what I am missing
> here??

Hard to say.  I think it would help to capture a screenshot of the error
you are seeing.  In addition, I recommend saving the anaconda log files.
You can access the logs during an install by changing to tty2
(<ctrl><alt>F2) and saving the /tmp/*log files to another system.  With
the screenshot, and the anaconda logs, I believe you have enough
information to file an actionable bug report.

You mentioned VMWare.  I don't use VMWare, but others on test@ do.  It's
possible that the VMWare storage driver wasn't loaded, or isn't
detecting your storage properly.  Perhaps others with more VMWare
experience can offer some feedback.

> BTW it's detecting the harddisk and showing it's size also (20 GB) in
> the previous step before throwing the above error message.

Oh, also a small suggestion.  For future posts to Fedora mailing lists,
it might be a good idea to post plain-text (non-html) messages [1].
Plain text messages are more accessible to wider range of email clients.

Thanks,
James

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#No_HTML_Mail.2C_Please