Re: Now really stumped-- Clock Issues in Rawhide

On 06/24/2011 06:27 PM, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> On 06/25/2011 01:27 PM, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>> Recently, the time in the gnome status bar has been incrementing by UTC
>> offset for my locale.  I reset it using date time settings but it wasn't
>> holding.  Then I noticed:
>>
>> systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit hwclock-load.service,
>> ignoring: Unit hwclock-load.service failed to load: No such file or
>> directory. See system logs and 'systemctl status' for details.
>>
>> And indeed the service was missing from /lib/systemd/system.  yum
>> whatprovides didn't show anything, so I copied the missing services
>> (also ...save.service) from a F15 installation and that fixed the problem.
>>
>> What I don't know is who/what is responsible for providing the
>> hwclock-load.service files in /lib/systemd/system.  systemd-units? If
>> anyone can help with this, I will do some more testing and, if
>> indicated, create a bz.
>
> OK, so now the clock is jumping 6 hours ahead.  And I thought I had
> fixed it.  Where do we set UTC vs local time?  This is in rawhide.
>
> TIA

This gets better.  Today (Sunday) my test system thought it Saturday.
Used system-config-date and reset date and time to proper local.
Rebooted and once G3S was up time was off again.  Then to my surprise I
found a different date and time widget in system settings and it showed
me as being in London.  I have visited London and it is a great city,
but I am on the East Coast of USA.  So, have set proper time, time zone,
etc in the G3 widget.  However, on reboot, time is again off by +8
hours.  Again resetting in G3, checking system-config-date and crossing
fingers.  (And, yes, bios is correctly set.)

What is going on here?

Why don't the various time widgets work together?  Is this a bug?  If
so, whose bug?  More than happy to bz the proper one.

--
Regards,
OldFart