Re: MPEG-1 Layer 3

On 06/09/2011 09:49 AM, Rob Healey wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I am trying to play some of my mp3 files, and rhythmbox and Amarok
> searches for the codec...
>
> Both of them say that they can't find anything...
>
> I have fedora-rawhide,
> rpmfusion-free-rawhide, and
> rpmfusion-nonfree-rawhide enabled in yum...
>
> Can anyone tell me which file that I need to get and install so that I
> can play these files of mine?
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Rob G. Healey
>

> --
> Sincerely yours,
> Rob G. Healey
>
> "Always surround yourself with people that inspire you to
> greatness!"

Although this does not really belong here, as noted, I would recommend
you consider converting your MP3s to Ogg instead (using OggConverter for
example). That way you can be assured they will work on more or less any
Linux system (as well as Android phones), and you will also show support
for open codecs, which is nice :)

I use Ogg myself, its great.