Re: Fedora 14 to 15: no getty's

Op 31-5-2011 14:51, James Laska schreef:
On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 10:20 +0200, A.J. Werkman wrote:
I just updated a F14 system to F15. After the update I can't login via
the console. Login through the network over ssh is possible.
How did you update (DVD, preupgrade or yum)?

I booted vmlinuz and initrd.img from the local HD and did a repo update over the network .

Does this mean that the update procedure hasn't  translated getty
startup procedure to systemd conventions? As I still am not quite
familiar with systemd, can anyone tell me how to verify this and how to
correct this.
Not sure if you have resolved this issue yet.  Perhaps check with
systemd for the status of getty?

   $ systemctl status getty.target

[root@newspc system]# systemctl status getty.target
getty.target - Login Prompts
          Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/getty.target)
          Active: active since Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:25:20 +0200; 13min ago

Looks to me as if getty's should be working.

Koos

If it's not started or enabled by default, you may need to make
adjustments.

Thanks,
James