Re: The system network services are not compatible with this version.

On 05/28/2011 03:00 PM, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 02:14:36PM +0800, Frederic Muller wrote:
>>
>> It just happened with the latest pushed update of NetworkManager (I
>> updated this morning) on a clean F15 system (not an upgraded one).
>> Service is started (as opposed to cited bug above) and I have tried to
>> downgrade the 3 packages that were upgraded but since there is no
>> connectivity I can't.
>
> Is that really something which would bar you from configuring your
> network connection by yourself using 'ip'?  I understand that you
> would like NM to work but at this moment you are trying to recover
> from a dead end.  Alternatively you can boot "rescue" from your
> installation media, which presumably will bring up a network
> connection, and adjust installed packages from there.
>
>     Michal

Hey thanks for the pointers. I used dhclient eth0 to the ethernet cable
in my hotel room and got connected.. then downgraded.

I guess I just needed a quick in the b..rain to find that one.

Now, should I file a bug on this unsuccessful upgrade?

Fred