Re: selinux-policy package versioning change

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 1:56 PM Zdenek Pytela <zpytela@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We do not expect any impact to end users neither to developers unless the exact version was used somewhere. If there are no objections, we will make the change in a week time.

Final freeze begins a week from today. Even though the change is
intended to be transparent, I wonder if it's better to make sure the
change happens before freeze rather than appearing in an update after
release with a different versioning scheme on released media (ISOs and
images, etc).

I mention it now because for whatever reason some things that were
stable already in the hours before beta freeze actually didn't make it
onto beta composes.

--
Chris Murphy