selinux-policy package versioning change

Hi,

We plan to change the versioning scheme of the selinux-policy packages.

Based on a request to using tags in selinux-policy github repo, we discussed further actions and possible automation and decided to couple the tags with the package version, together with making a change for better comprehensibility.

So far, the package version changed with branching a new Fedora release off rawhide (e. g. 3.14.6 to 3.14.7), and the release part of the NVR scheme was used for updates (3.14.7-1). After the change, the version would contain the Fedora branch number and the sequential number of the package in the branch (34.1), and the release part would be used only for changes in packaging (34.1-1). It would apply to Fedora 34 and newer.

In github repo, tags matching the Fedora package version would be used (v34.1), pairing the latest commit in github with the latest commit in the package (34.1-1).

We do not expect any impact to end users neither to developers unless the exact version was used somewhere. If there are no objections, we will make the change in a week time.

Cheers,

--

Zdenek Pytela
SELinux team