Re: Contributing to Fedora's SELinux policies

On 4/26/19 6:01 PM, Jag Raman wrote:

> On 4/24/2019 10:24 AM, Jag Raman wrote:
>>

>>> On Apr 24, 2019, at 7:11 AM, Lukas Vrabec <lvrabec@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>

>>> Agree with Jason,
>>>
>>> Feel free to contribute, we'll be more than glad ;)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Lukas.

>> Thank you very much Jason & Lukas.
>>
>> I’m trying to build the policy. After cloning the “selinux-policy" repo.,
>> we need to execute “.travis.yml” to setup the “contrib” folder. Is
>> that correct?

There is no need to execute travis.yml, this file is for CI. It's enough
to clone contrib repo to selinux base repo.

> I'm facing some build issues, and would like to confirm that the
> following steps I'm following to build the policy are correct.
>
> # git clone https://github.com/containers/container-selinux.git
> # rm -rf selinux-policy/policy/modules/contrib
> # git clone https://github.com/fedora-selinux/selinux-policy-contrib.git
> selinux-policy/policy/modules/contrib;
> # git clone https://github.com/containers/container-selinux.git
> # cp container-selinux/container.* selinux-policy/policy/modules/contrib;
> # cd selinux-policy
> # make conf
> # make policy

Are you following this process?
https://github.com/fedora-selinux/selinux-policy/wiki/Compiling

> One of the issues I'm facing is that "djbdns.te" is passing an attribute
> (djbdns_domain) as argument to the interface
> "corenet_all_recvfrom_unlabeled". That doesn't seem correct, and
> therefore wondering if we're even supposed to build policy for djbdns.
> > Could someone kindly confirm the steps to build the Fedora selinux-policy
> with "contrib"s.

The best way would be create own rpm package with updates SELinux
policy, then you can install it to your system:
https://github.com/fedora-selinux/selinux-policy/wiki/Packaging

Thanks,
Lukas.

--
Lukas Vrabec
Senior Software Engineer, Security Technologies