Packaging policycoreutils for OpenSUSE

Hi,

I am changing jobs (Red Hat -> SUSE; R&D, but not a security
related job), and although I will be switching my workstation to
OpenSUSE, I would love to keep SELinux working. Which meant I had
to dig into the current situation of SELinux and it is … not
good. So, I started to repackage all SELinux packages 2.7 for
OpenSUSE in my home build area
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:mcepl:SELinux
. So,far I have packaged successfully packages for libselinux,
libselinux-bindings, checkpolicy, libsemanage, libsepol, and
python-semanage. Mostly I use original OpenSUSE packages for 2.6,
but if needed I seek inspiration in Fedora packages.

Unfortunately, I have trouble to package policycoreutils. First
of all, I don’t understand what’s the difference between two
upstream tarballs for it:
https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/archive/policycoreutils
-2.7.tar.gz
(linked from https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/releases)
and
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/SELinuxProject/selinux/fil
es/releases/20170804/policycoreutils-2.7.tar.gz
(linked from
https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/wiki/Releases). What’s
the point of confusing users with two different tarballs of the
same name?

Second, I don’t understand the behavior of the installation
scripts. Looking at https://is.gd/MivaE1 , why in the world that
installation scripts tons of stuff which is not part of
policycoreutils? Could anybody help me to get through this
obstacle, please?

Thank you for any suggestions,

Matěj

--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl@xxxxxxxxxx
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches.
   -- Proverbs 22:1