Re: Two questions about selinux

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 09:10:15AM +0100, Gionatan Danti wrote:
On 14/03/2018 22:32, Simon Sekidde wrote:
Create policy to grant access to both process types

Ok, as I am doing right now :)
Thanks for confirmation.

If the policy was compiled as *.pp policy modules then these can be converted to CIL code using the /usr/libexec/selinux/hll/pp binary (assuming you are running an updated binary policy version)

So the process would be:
- use pp to regenerate the template file;
- edit the newly generated template file adding the required entries;
- re-compile it to generate the new binary policy.

Working on exported policy isn't optimal. If you're using M4 macros (i.e. interfaces, templates, etc.) in your policy they'll be lost when you build a .pp file.

If you intend on maintaining a policy module you should instead keep the sources and re-build from those. What you might find useful, however, is the fact that CIL is a source based policy language. You can import a CIL policy module with `semodule -i my_module.cil` and re-export it again with `semodule --cil -E my_module` to get the same code.

The drawback though is that macros from the base policy aren't accessible since they're simple build-time string substitutions.

This means that direct binary patching (without regenerating the text-based template file) is not possible, right? Am I missing something else?

Regards.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico