How can I restrict a port to only a process?

Hello,

Not sure if this is the best place for n00b questions but here we go:

How can I restrict a port to only a process?
Let's say I have FOO process that wants to listen to port 2345 and no
other process on the machine to listen to it. Is it possible? The way I
see it is that unconfined processes would still have access to that
port, right?

My actual problem is that I want to make a mutual TLS connection between
2 unsecured apps that I am not a developer of. The apps (client/server)
use a TCP based protocol that is not text based or related to HTTP. So I
start a TLS tunel with stunel that listens to 2345 on localhost and
forwards it to remote_machine port 2345. I want to be certain that other
process can connect to localhost:2345 except my FOO process.

foo_process ---> localhost:2345 ===> remote_machine:2345

---> is insecure and I want to restrict
===> is mutual TLS over the network

Is this possible? Is this a good solution?

Thank you,
Andrei Petcu