Re: setsebool -P cron_userdomain_transition on not permanent?

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 21:02:17 +0100,
  Dominick Grift <dominick.grift@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2014-03-06 at 09:28 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
I have been setting cron_userdomain_transition on because otherwise cron
doesn't work. However despite using the -P option I have occasionally
had to go back and set the boolean again.

Is there some changes going on in policy updates that would affect this?

How do I check that the change is stored in the policy, and not just
in effect until the next reboot?
--

A bug for this functionality was reported i believe. Turns out that
Fedora needs some extra tweaks. No sure if this has been fixed yet in

I filed bug 1063503 for the cron issue. In this thread I was more interested in why the boolean got turned back off. I know for sure that I used the -P option on two systems to work around the cron issue and both got changed back to unset. (It might have happened twice on one machine, but I am not sure of that.)

I have just tested a reboot and reinstalling (yum reinstall) selinux-policy-targeted, but am not seeing cron_userdomain_transition change.

I don't have any other easily testable guesses for what happened, so for now I'll just keep an eye on it.