setsebool -P cron_userdomain_transition on not permanent?

I have been setting cron_userdomain_transition on because otherwise cron doesn't work. However despite using the -P option I have occasionally had to go back and set the boolean again.

Is there some changes going on in policy updates that would affect this?

How do I check that the change is stored in the policy, and not just in effect until the next reboot?