Re: what do we do with user_home_t, and what more could we do with it?

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 10:11:39 -0400,
  Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There is some concern on the devel mailing list about user-writable
directories in the default $PATH -- initially discussion about ~/.local/bin
as a hidden file, but now also out to ~/bin as well. I notice that these are
home_bin_t. What does this do with the current policy, and what more could
we do? (Particularly, a compromised application shouldn't be able to put
binaries there, but a shell script or something like `pip install` probably
_should_ be able to.)

As was also pointed out in that thread, if you are going to worry about those directories, you should also worry about dot files used when starting up shells (.login, .cshrc, .profile and the like).