Re: iotop policy development advice

On Thu, 2013-10-10 at 10:08 +1030, William Brown wrote:
> What is the difference between userdom_use_user_terminals and
> term_use_console? I assume that since the latter is in the kernel
> section, it's related to actually terminals ie ttys?

you might want to give access to both console_device_t as well as user
terminals if it wants to use console_device_t in your test scenario

this app can also be run non interactively in scripts so it might in
that case need to be able to rw console devices

generally though this app gets executed from user pseudo terminals by
users ( for example from xterm, or gnome terminal or a ssh shell and so
in that case you need to allow it to use user terminals)

have a look in /dev/ to see how the different terminals are labeled