Re: Disable policy module?

On 04/29/13 03:58, Miroslav Grepl wrote:
On 04/26/2013 11:16 AM, Moray Henderson wrote:
Is there a way to disable a particular module in
selinux-policy-targeted-3.7.19-195.el6_4.1.noarch.rpm without
having to modify and rebuild the whole RPM?

Our versions of Ruby and Passenger put things in different places
than the ones expected by the SELinux passenger module so we've had
to remove it and make our own.  That meant we missed a RHEL 6.4
selinux-policy update and ended up with a broken Samba 3.6.  If
there's a way we can  go back to using the standard selinux-policy
 rpms but disable the passenger module, it would be very useful.

What issues are you getting? If you have different paths then you
should run in the httpd_t domain. Could you attach AVC msgs which you
are getting? Is there a reason to not use RHEL passenger policy and
just add labeling for your paths?

I suspect he's like we are: we're on CentOS, so RHEL would be the same: the version of ruby is very old, and we use 1.8.7-enterprise (I think it is), so it's over in /opt.

	mark

--
"Stock traders are a superstitious and cowardly lot", to paraphrase the
Batman