Re: Issue on a new system

m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> We've just built a new machine, running CentOS 6.4. I built, then my
> manager pulled stuff off the machine that it's replacing, installing as
> necessary. I'm seeing a ton of complaints of "SELinux is preventing
> /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap from search access on the directory indexes.".
> Now, ps -Z | grep dove shows that dovecot's running as
> unconfined_u:system_r:dovecot_t:s0, while a typical index it's trying to
> read shows ll -Z as system_u:object_r:dovecot_t. As a side note, it's
> owned by user, with group of nobody.
>
> I see the same file on the old server as being
> system_u:object_r:var_spool_t.
>
> Why would selinux be complaining? Is what was on the old system the
> correct context?

This is very frustrating. My manager rebooted this morning, so now I'm not
sure about which avc I wrote about yesterday. However, I see various
things:
  1. Last night, dovecot was throwing AVCs... and I was looking at it
mentioning
        one user's email spool... but when I ran the sealert, it spoke of a
        *different* user's spool.

     Looking at a few of the AVCs, as Miroslav requested, *some* of this
may have changed, even without a relabel on the reboot, since I see
it complaining that something had been unlabled, where if I look at
it now with ll -Z, I see it as dovecot_t.

  2. Sendmail is complaining, among other things, that it can't write to
       /etc/sendmail/statistics. ll -Z shows
      -rw-r--r--. root root unconfined_u:object_r:etc_t:s0   statistics
      Meanwhile, I try to look at /usr/sbin/sendmail (ARGH!):
lrwxrwxrwx. root root system_u:object_r:bin_t:s0   /usr/sbin/sendmail ->
/etc/alternatives/mta
lrwxrwxrwx. root root system_u:object_r:etc_t:s0
/etc/alternatives/mta -> /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail
-rwxr-sr-x. root smmsp system_u:object_r:sendmail_exec_t:s0
/usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail
        Looking further in my log, I see it's also complaining about
sendmail trying to do things to
/var/run/milter-greylist/milter-greylist.sock. So, can someone
suggest what I need to do to make selinux shut up about sendmail?
Typical AVC:
type=AVC msg=audit(1366726917.008:87837): avc:  denied  { write } for
pid=1401 comm="sendmail" name="statistics" dev=sda3 ino=44769294
scontext=system_u:system_r:sendmail_t:s0
tcontext=unconfined_u:object_r:etc_t:s0 tclass=file

       Is this telling me that, as I asked yesterday, I need to change the
user context to system_u from unconfined_u?

   3. This one makes *zero* sense to me: SELinux is preventing
/lib64/security/pam_krb5/pam_krb5_storetmp from execute access on the
file /lib64/security/pam_krb5/pam_krb5_storetmp. ll -Z
-rwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:bin_t:s0
/lib64/security/pam_krb5/pam_krb5_storetmp*

   I won't even start to get into the perl complaints....

       mark