Re: Issue on a new system

On 04/22/2013 09:45 PM, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
We've just built a new machine, running CentOS 6.4. I built, then my
manager pulled stuff off the machine that it's replacing, installing as
necessary. I'm seeing a ton of complaints of "SELinux is preventing
/usr/libexec/dovecot/imap from search access on the directory indexes.".
Now, ps -Z | grep dove shows that dovecot's running as
unconfined_u:system_r:dovecot_t:s0, while a typical index it's trying to
read shows ll -Z as system_u:object_r:dovecot_t. As a side note, it's
owned by user, with group of nobody.

I see the same file on the old server as being system_u:object_r:var_spool_t.

Why would selinux be complaining? Is what was on the old system the
correct context?

       mark

Could you attach AVC mgs? Probably missing SELinux policy/contexts.

Regards,
Mirek