Re: Where does Fedora 16 log boot-time SELinux denials?

On November 25, 2011 23:24 , Mark Montague <mark@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Where does Fedora 16 log boot-time SELinux denial messages?  Under
> Fedora 14 and previous (for sure) and under Fedora 15 (I think),
> messages were logged via syslog and appeared in /var/log/messages until
> auditd started.  However, this is apparently not happening with Fedora
> 16 -- how can I get these denial messages?

I found the answer: the messages were not being generated due to
dontaudit rules.  For some reason, I had thought that the denial
messages I was expecting were generated under previous versions of
Fedora, and so I did not consider dontaudit rules right away.

Following the advice in Dan's article (
http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/11673.html ) to run "semodule -DB"
caused the desired denial messages to be logged.

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@xxxxxxxxxxx