Where does Fedora 16 log boot-time SELinux denials?

Where does Fedora 16 log boot-time SELinux denial messages?  Under
Fedora 14 and previous (for sure) and under Fedora 15 (I think),
messages were logged via syslog and appeared in /var/log/messages until
auditd started.  However, this is apparently not happening with Fedora
16 -- how can I get these denial messages?

Details:

I have a Fedora 16 server install (no X Windows and with network.service
replacing NetworkManager.service, but otherwise nearly an out-of-the-box
installation), and everything works OK until I do "setsebool -P
secure_mode_insmod=on" and reboot.  At that point -- not unexpectedly --
a number of kernel modules fail to load.  For example, from
/var/log/messages:

Nov 26 03:35:32 f16dev1 nfs-lock.preconfig[897]: FATAL: Error inserting
lockd (/lib/modules/3.1.2-1.fc16.x86_64/kernel/fs/lockd/lockd.ko):
Operation not permitted

Network interfaces such as eth0 also fail to come up.  However, there
are no SELinux denial messages logged to /var/log/messages, to any other
file in /var/log, or to /var/log/audit/audit.log.

Setting secure_mode_insmod=off and rebooting results in the system
coming back up with all services started and no error messages.  So I'm
sure there should be some SELinux denials when I boot with
secure_mode_insmod=off that I'm not seeing.

I've searched the web and read the auditd and systemd man and web pages
without finding a solution.  Any idea how to get the SELinux denial
messages that get generated before auditd is started?

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@xxxxxxxxxxx