Re: How can firefox (sometimes) make memory executable?

On Sun, 2011-06-19 at 10:32 +0200, Göran Uddeborg wrote:

> > Strange, as i never noticed this issues on any of my x86_64 systems
>
> Are you running with default settings?  Unless I'm mistaken, the
> default is for both allow_execmem and allow_execstack to be enabled,
> and the problem won't appear.

Actually i have an idea as to why i have not noticed it.

In fedora 15/16 mutter needs execmem as well. And mutter runs in the
user domain (i had to allow me "staff_t" the execmem permission).

Since firefox also runs in the user domain it was automatically allowed
this access as well.

It pretty much sucks and unless i confine these apps there is not much i
can do.