Re: How can firefox (sometimes) make memory executable?

On Sat, 2011-06-18 at 19:34 +0200, Göran Uddeborg wrote:

> How can it do that?  What is it that allows the firefox on the freshly
> installed F15 system allocate executable and writeable pages?  If I
> knew, maybe I would know what am I missing on the upgraded system?

its x86_64 vs. 686 issue

x86_64 does not need execmem.

You can change the context of the firefox executable to execmem_exec_t i
believe and that should probably make it work

you can also set boolean allow_execmem to true i believe

or you can use audit2allow to allow this access