Re: SELinux won't let dovecot connect to postgresql

Roland Roberts wrote:
Roland Roberts wrote:
Thomas Harold wrote:
You could try uninstalling and then reinstalling the setroubleshoot package. Specifically "setroubleshoot-server" package contains the daemon and init.d file and only depends on the -plugins package.

Oo-oo. I just discovered something *very* interesting. When I first set up this host, I set it up in parallel with the existing host it was replacing and it had a different host name. I find, in /var/lib/setroubleshoot/audit_listener_database.xml, the old host name. Perhaps that's why I'm not getting my messages. I'm going to try correcting the host name there. I'm not sure if I *need* to reboot, but I'm not sure what processes will need to be restarted if I don't.

Well, that by itself is not sufficient. But perhaps these two lines in syslog are a clue if only I could decipher them:

dbus: avc:  received setenforce notice (enforcing=0)
tycho dbus: Can't send to audit system: USER_AVC avc: received setenforce notice (enforcing=0)#012: exe="?" (sauid=81, hostname=?, addr=?, terminal=?)

roland

--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland@xxxxxxxxxxx                            6818 Madeline Court