Re: SELinux won't let dovecot connect to postgresql

Thomas Harold wrote:
I think that you have to have the setroubleshoot service running in order to get SELinux errors in /var/log/messages.

https://fedorahosted.org/setroubleshoot/wiki/SETroubleShoot%20User%20FAQ

Hmmm, I seem to have both setroubleshoot and setroubleshoot-server packages installed, but much of that package talks about turning on the setroubleshoot service; the file for that should be in /etc/rc.d/init.d/setroubleshoot, but I have no such file. Both packages verify as correct (rpm -V) and rpm -qil does not show any such file in the inventory. There is a file /usr/sbin/setroubleshootd which is what I would expect for the daemon, but no file in /etc/rc.d/init.d references it. Odd. And if I try to manually launch it, it runs briefly, leaves a zero-length log file in /var/log/setroubleshoot/setroubleshootd.log.

Note that I am *not* on a X11 desktop on this host. It is a server, and while it has X installed, it is in run level 3.

roland

--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland@xxxxxxxxxxx                            6818 Madeline Court