Re: Trying SELinux again on CentOS 5.1 - not quite HOPELESS

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

Robert Nichols wrote:

  That still leaves the 2nd AVC, path="socket[63191]".
I have no idea what that socket is for.  OK, I just ran an strace on
grephistory, and the only socket it uses is to /dev/log.  What, innd_t
isn't
allowed to talk to syslogd?!?!?

NO this is a leaked file descriptor.  You have a process running
unconfined_t that is transitioning to innd_t and leaking an open file
descriptor to innd_t.  Without SELinux innd_t would be able to
communicate on this open tcp_socket.  SELinux closes the descriptor and
reports the AVC.

Good call.  The socket to the upstream news server was indeed being
leaked.  I'll set the close-on-exec flag on its file descriptor.

                Do NOT delete it.