Re: postfix, procmail and SELinux - No Go

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 08:29 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:

> > > The search in /var/lib/clamav is probably a result of something running
> > > as that user, perhaps procmail. Does the clamav user get any mail?
> >
> > Paul,
> >
> > Good call.  Yes indeed.
> >
> > It would appear that clamav (the user) gets mail when there are problems
> > with the hourly database updates. For example, if there are DNS problems
> > or other issues with server access.  I do see these coming from the root
> > account, which then get forwarded to my user account via the postfix
> > mapping. I had not paid attention, until now, regarding the multiple
> > e-mail addresses in the To: field.
> >
> > After doing some searching, it turns out that this is configured
> > in /etc/crond./clamav-update.
> >
> > In that file, mail is targeted (by default) to go to root, postmaster,
> > webmaster and clamav. Now that I have looked at the content
> > of /var/spool/mail/clamav, I do note that the mail is indeed sent to the
> > aforementioned users.
> >
> > Of course, postmaster and webmaster do not exist on my system as users.
> >
> > Also, in the file is the following:
> >
> > ## It is ok to execute it as root; freshclam drops privileges and becomes
> > ## user 'clamav' as soon as possible
> > 0  */3 * * * root /usr/share/clamav/freshclam-sleep
> >
> > >From other sources, it would appear that the freshclam programs, even if
> > started as root, will setuid to clamav. This is configured
> > in /etc/freshclam.conf.  The default is:
> >
> > # By default when started freshclam drops privileges and switches to the
> > # "clamav" user. This directive allows you to change the database owner.
> > # Default: clamav (may depend on installation options)
> > #DatabaseOwner clamav
> >

> > I could adjust the e-mail targets or other settings if you need me to.
>
> I think the email targets are OK; you should just alias clamav,
> webmaster, and postmaster (every mail system should have a postmaster)
> to root, which in turn is aliased to you.

Paul,

I aliased clamav to root. postmaster and webmaster were already aliased
to root.

I am also now in Enforcing mode.

We should probably give this a good 24 hours to run through the various
cycles of e-mails and cron jobs.

If anything comes up in the mean time, I'll post back.

Just for reference, current policies loaded:

amavis  1.0.4
clamav  1.0.1
dcc     1.0.0
myclamav        0.1.5