Re: su, context(selinux?) 2nd prompt

Rex Dieter wrote:
Daniel J Walsh wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Rex Dieter wrote:

With a recent update of CentOS4, su's behavior has changed, in that
after
prompting for password, also prompts for (selinux?) context.  I'm
seeing something like:
$ su
Password:
Your default context is root:system_r:unconfined_t.

Do you want to choose a different one? [n]

kde's kdesu barfs on this second prompt.  Any way to disable this
second prompt?

Remove multiple from the pam file.

editing /etc/pam.d/su, changing
session    required     /lib/security/$ISA/pam_selinux.so open multiple
session    required     /lib/security/$ISA/pam_selinux.so open

Did the trick, thanks Dan!

# rpm -q -f /etc/pam.d/su
coreutils-5.2.1-31.2

You can actually remove the pam_selinux.so lines from the su file altogether. We have done this for FC5 and it works fine. In strict or MLS Policy you will be required to run newrole but in targeted everything should just work.

Dan
A bug in coreutils-5.2.1-31.2 then?

-- Rex