Re: applying SELinux policy for httpd

Joe Orton wrote:
I'd also like to mention again that the new FC4 policy of only applying SELinux policy if httpd is started from the init script is confusing the hell out of people. It breaks the principle of least astonishment. I'd much rather live with the fact that SELinux policy is *always* applied, and the fallout from that, than see this confusion of people hitting SELinux policy issues, get confused, restart httpd, see them disappear, etc.
We can revert it back. The problem this is trying to solve is the terminal problem. IE a user goes out and runs a cgi script and he gets no output. This is very confusing to the user. What I can change is to transition httpd_exec_t from
unconfined_t to httpd_t, but not the cgi scripts.  Would that work for you?
I'd really like to see this change reverted for FC5.

joe