Re: how does rpm work under Selinux

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 14:50 -0400, James Z. Li wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering how rpm works with Selinux, say I downloaded
> a third-party rpm package and installed it with rpm -i. Will rpm
> label the newly installed file properly or I have to relabel filesystem
> or do 'restorecon' manually ?

rpm will label the files according to their context as specified
in the policy. Additionally, if a third party program is installed using
the "install" command, that will also restorecon files automatically.

However, if you're installing third party programs, and they have no
policy written for them, they might not work properly if they require
elevated privileges.