Re: how does rpm work under Selinux

James Z. Li wrote:

Hi all,

I was wondering how rpm works with Selinux, say I downloaded
a third-party rpm package and installed it with rpm -i. Will rpm
label the newly installed file properly or I have to relabel filesystem
or do 'restorecon' manually ?

Any webpages I could read on this problem? Thanks a lot.

James

It will label the file according the the file_context file installed on the machine. This may or may not be "correctly". Usually this is only a problem if the app is installed in a non standard directory.

Dan