Re: How to properly upgrade policy

On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 09:40, tmolina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> My view is that on a user system only policy should be necessary.  Being
> able to "fixfiles relabel" would be nice.  Changing a file's context would
> be nice, too.  My impression is that some/many of the diagnostic programs
> I would like to have are split between policy and policy-sources.

fixfiles, setfiles, and restorecon are part of policycoreutils, not any
selinux-policy-* package.  chcon (ala chown/chmod) is part of
coreutils.  The installed file_contexts configuration is part of
selinux-policy-* but is also rebuilt by selinux-policy-*-sources.  So
you don't need policy sources for relabeling.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
National Security Agency